ss_blog_claim=946fd2ecbe1cfcbd289b48e0310de21c

October 2, 2009

Rebuild, Renew, ReLIVE.

When I saw the devastation Hurrican Katrina brought over New Orleans, I never imagined that my country would face it's own devastation. That's what Typhoon Ketsana (locally known as Ondoy) did. I was awestruck at the power of nature. I could not believe how whole homes were swept away and inundated with water. Almost a week has passed since that fateful day, but still, those deeply affected by the storm have yet to rebuild their lives. I pray for them as they try to start their lives anew. It saddens me to hear how some construction supply distributors or stores have increased rates for cement and the like in a span of a week.  To make things worse, flood victims report that their homes are being robbed now by looters. Even water closets, kitchen sinks, and light fixtures have been stolen from their already devastated homes. I understand that the law of supply and demand really dictates a lot of this price movements, but given the severity of the storm I think businesses should try to help out by not jacking up prices yet. I wish I had a magic wand to help rebuild all these damaged homes so all those who were caught by this storm can once again live happy and healthy lives.

0 stars twinkling:

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Watch Pacquiao Vs Clottey Live Streaming and Watch Pacquiao vs Clottey's video live stream

Back to TOP