ss_blog_claim=946fd2ecbe1cfcbd289b48e0310de21c

September 5, 2009

Nature Question.

A few months ago, I watched a bunch of caterpillars grow into moths. It was an amazing process! I saw how the cute little green caterpillars got fatter and fatter until they turned yellowish then brownish then begin to form cocoons. Interestingly, the cocoons they formed wasn't the way I imagined it. I always thought the bugs would weave little threads around themselves and spin round and round till they're covered. Apparently, there are two ways they form the cocoons. First is by using that sticky, spider-weblike substance into the leaves around them until it forms a ball to cover them. Another is by burrowing in the soil.

The other day, when walking Bubba, I saw this:

I wonder what's in it!

see more of my caterpillar pictures here:
http://yapatoots.multiply.com/photos/album/78/The_Very_Hungry_Caterpillar

0 stars twinkling:

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Watch Pacquiao Vs Clottey Live Streaming and Watch Pacquiao vs Clottey's video live stream

Back to TOP