ss_blog_claim=946fd2ecbe1cfcbd289b48e0310de21c

September 15, 2009

The Dead of Winter: A Whiteout Movie Review.

Beneath the snow-capped mountains deep in the South Pole lies a sixty year old secret whose discovery suddenly brings chaos to the otherwise serene and beautiful ice lands of Antartica, the coldest place on earth. Despite the frigid and bitter weather, the only dangers the land knew was nature's fury, known as the Whiteout. That was until U.S. Marshall Carrie Stetko discovers a dead body on open ice known as No Man's Land. It was Antartica's first murder.And so begins a wonderfully woven story that kept me at the edge of my seat for the duration of the movie.

As Stetko tries to find the killer, the Whiteout quickly approaches and the long arctic winter sets in, she finds herself at the mercy of the dead of winter --- or the hands of a killer.


This was definitely another movie I enjoyed a lot. For the most part, I really like watching mystery/suspense flicks and this was surely one that kept me guessing the whole way through. I liked how I wasn't really sure about whodunit till the end, despite the fact that the storyline can fall into a bit of a predictable thriller-movie pattern. I was glad about that! Before the movie, I was already thinking that maybe this would be one of those films that I'd end up saying would be a DVD recommendation rather than a big screen one, but I was definitely wrong about that! I think seeing this in the theaters will allow the audience to appreciate the setting or environment more, as well as add to the flavor of the movie.

Whiteout stars Kate Beckinsale, Gabriel Macht, Columbus Short and Tom Skerritt. Directed by Dominic Sena and distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures. Opens in theaters in the Philippines tomorrow, September 16, 2009.

0 stars twinkling:

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Watch Pacquiao Vs Clottey Live Streaming and Watch Pacquiao vs Clottey's video live stream

Back to TOP