ss_blog_claim=946fd2ecbe1cfcbd289b48e0310de21c

May 11, 2009

The Grey's Anatomy So-Called Wedding.

I realize this comes as a super random post, but I just have to blog about the Grey's Anatomy wedding. I am eagerly awaiting the television premiere here in the Philippines but thanks to www.greysanatomyinsider.com I know what's going to happen!

I was both thrilled and disappointed in the episode, for obvious reasons, but watching it reminded me why I loved the show so much! In the past two seasons my addiction had started to wane slightly, but in the past few episodes, I became a fan again! Thank God for Studio 23's FUSE (fresh US episodes).

Watching the show gives me a lot of insight. I love how the storylines mirror a lot of my own experiences. In many ways, it provides the psychological catharsis that I need. Not too long ago, i was in the same dark and twisty place Mer and Cristina were. While I was there, the only thing that kept me sane was watching them live out life for me. I've written several posts about that in the past here and here. Eventually I found my way out of that darkness, and now realize that, as Cristina put it in one episode, "being aware of your crap and actually overcoming your crap are two very different things"(pardon the misquote!). Now I am not just aware of what would make me feel all dark and depressed. I am actually able to do something about it, even though I can't say I am immune to being hit by moments of depression any more. Nonetheless, I am healed and whole, not because I found those pieces that I thought I was missing, but because I was able to find out that these missing things are essential in making me who I am.



1 stars twinkling:

jennai,  5/12/2009 10:40:00 AM  

"being aware of your crap and actually overcoming your crap are two very different things"

Can I be totally geek here? This reminds of me metacognition, specifically knowledge of cognition (aware of your crap) and regulation of cognition (doing something about what you are aware of, in this case, the crap).

Not as easy as it sounds though. >_< Whether it is something cognitive, emotional or even physical.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Watch Pacquiao Vs Clottey Live Streaming and Watch Pacquiao vs Clottey's video live stream

Back to TOP