ss_blog_claim=946fd2ecbe1cfcbd289b48e0310de21c

April 29, 2009

Not the fastest residential broadband after all.

After my irritating and disappointing experience with SKYBROADBAND, the company that boasted having the fastest residential internet connection, has proven to be all hot air. Just take a look at my latest speedtest.net result. I'm supposed to be paying for a service of 1.5mbps. Fair?

I've made numerous calls already to their customer hotline, and the answer is always the same: "we'll check on it ma'am". What does that serve me? NOTHING!!!

During the 15 day free trial, I had good service. In fact, on occasion it would even go up to 1.6-1.7 mbps. Impressive, right? But as soon as the free trial ended, I started to notice that my speed would become somewhat slower. At first I'd still be getting 1.3 mbps but it seemed normal. I even proudly told my friends that Sky was great!

Now I am eating my words. The speed went down from 1.3, to 1.1, to below 1 and now this! Last night was even worse.

I am now trying to figure out how to file for a disconnection of service without having to pay the supposed 2 year lock-in fee because the company is failing to meet the agreement I signed on to. Any suggestions? I really feel so cheated with my service. To be honest, I chose them because I preferred having cable tv and internet over telephone and internet. But now I think I made a wrong decision. Even my mom's Globelines Broadband modem (not the usb one) gets faster speed then this. Heck, my cellphone powered by Smart's 3G network is SO MUCH better than this.

I know they're a corporate giant and that losing me would not matter at all, but it's about time I found someone who cared more for it's customers.

2 stars twinkling:

Vic 4/29/2009 10:39:00 PM  

700kbps is still fast download speed, I only get 100Kbps on my pldt dsl connection. There are lots of things to consider regarding slow connection, PC specification, number of subscribers in the area, the site being browsed etc.

Ria 4/29/2009 10:42:00 PM  

I suppose so....but Im paying for 1.5 diba? It takes so long to even open yahoo mail or gmail! If it happened every now and then, I'd be tolerant, but its been this way for two weeks straight. And still they have not done anything :-(

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Watch Pacquiao Vs Clottey Live Streaming and Watch Pacquiao vs Clottey's video live stream

Back to TOP