ss_blog_claim=946fd2ecbe1cfcbd289b48e0310de21c

April 1, 2009

My Campaign for AUTISM AWARENESS.

Dear Friends and Family,

Please support my birthday campaign this year!

Rather than figure out what I want for my birthday, or what new gadget to splurge on as I always do, I have decided that as I turn the big 3-0, I will use my money wisely: I will support a cause. Not only that, I will also become an advocate for a cause.

This year I have chosen to support the Autism Society of the Philippines. When I first told my friend about it, she said, why that? I casually replied, because the autism awareness campaign coincides with my birth month. But as I stopped to think about it more, I realized that as a preschool teacher and a psychologist, this would be something I can actually get involved in and be a part of, and not just in name or by word: but because I can actually DO something beyond just fund raising.

Autism is a developmental disorder that is characterized by speech/communication and social impairments in individuals with the disorder. It is a lifelong disorder that affects not just the individual with autism, but their families as well. Estimates show that approximately 1 in 150 children is diagnosed with autism. Although more prevalent in males than females, autism can affect anyone: it knows no gender, age, no race, nationality, and socioeconomic status.

As a birthday present to me, it would be a great honor of if you supported my cause by pledging 50 pesos. For every Php 50.00 you pledge, you'll not only receive one of these very cute Angel Baller Bands, but you'll help raise awareness about autism as well. Proceeds will benefit the Autism Society of the Philippines, who in turn provides support and services to underprivileged families afflicted with autism.

I am gathering as many pledges as I can this whole month! Please click on the link below and fill up the sheet to make your pledge, or leave a comment and I will get back to you asap.

My Pledge!

Thank you for your support of my birthday campaign!

special thanks to Earth for the photos! If not for her post, I would not have found a worthy and timely cause to support.

*permission to promote this campaign as my project was granted by a representative of the ASP.

____
updates:

In the first 24 hours of my campaign, I gathered a total of 50 pledges! As such, I placed my first order with the ASP who in turn will forward the bands to me by Monday. I will be able to distribute them shortly thereafter!

By 7 pm April 3, 25 additional pledges have come in!

On April 4, I received 28 more pledges...and still counting!

My birthday brought in 32 more.

I got my first order of 25 bands from the ASP on April 7, and the second batch of 50 on the 13th. On the same day, I was able to start making deliveries.

By April 21, I not only ran out of bands, but my pledges have reached 196! I am hoping to reach 200 before the end of this campaign.


6 stars twinkling:

Digital Manila 4/01/2009 07:19:00 PM  

This is great Ria! I'll send my pledge, albeit so small. :)

Advance Happy Birthday and Congratulations to your worthy cause!

Ria 4/01/2009 09:13:00 PM  

Thank you http://digitalmanila.blogspot.com/!!! I am sure the ASP will not deem this as small :-)

wor-T cause,  4/01/2009 11:25:00 PM  

Ria, this is very noble of you. :) God bless you, Amen. :) Advanced Happy Birthday teacher! *hugs*

Pledging 150. :)

Ria 4/01/2009 11:31:00 PM  

thank you wor-T cause!!! please click the link that says MY PLEDGE so you can fill up the form for details :-) don't worry, details will be confidential and only I can read it!

Ria 4/05/2009 11:18:00 AM  

yey!!! thanks earth!!!! i'll get in touch with you for the details through plurk or something :-)

thanks again :-)

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Watch Pacquiao Vs Clottey Live Streaming and Watch Pacquiao vs Clottey's video live stream

Back to TOP