ss_blog_claim=946fd2ecbe1cfcbd289b48e0310de21c

January 17, 2010

Virally Spreading the Silver Lining.

It took me quite some time to decide whether or not I would pursue a Project 365 this year because after attempting it and failing miserably last year, I thought to myself why set myself up for the hassle. However, after some time, I came up with an inspiring idea (well, I find it inspiring, hopefully someone out there will agree!) that made me decide to finally take the plunge and do my 2010 Project 365.

The next question I grappled with was where would I put this project this time? And then I remembered Yahoo! Meme.





Sometime ago a group of my friends were talking and microblogging about this but I didn't pay much attention to it because I had no idea what it was about but during the Blog4Reviews Christmas party, Yahoo! country community manager for the Philippines Jonas De Los Reyes gave a presentation about Yahoo! Meme.  He talked about how the site can be a quick and easy way to share ideas, photos, videos, audio clips, music and the like. As he defined it during the presentation, it is a postulated unit or element of cultural ideas, symbols and practices and is transmitted from one mind to another through speech, gestures, rituals, or other imitable phenomena. Through the Meme, these are all easily re-blogged thus making for quick viral sharing.Prononuced as "mim", it is in many ways, a reflection of what is going on in the community.

photo credit: Az of azraelcoladilla.com
With that, my Project 365 found a home. I like the fact that not only am I adding content to a site, but that in my own small way, I can hopefully help others become more optimistic and hopeful this 2010. As my Yahoo! Meme title goes: 365 of 2010.....finding the silver lining in every day, one photo at a time. While this may be a Project 365, I have already accepted the fact that I cannot manage to upload photos daily, no matter how easy it is to do it via the Yahoo! Meme. Nonetheless, I take the photos daily and upload it when able. Granted that that is not the "right" way the project should be done, I will do it that way! This is what my meme looks like as of now:



 Through my meme's content, I can remind people that in whatever situation, there always is a silver lining that we can hold on to, no matter how bad things can get. Do follow me at Yahoo! Meme. As always, just look for yapatoots!

1 stars twinkling:

Janette Toral 1/31/2010 03:14:00 PM  

I love your photos Ria and shared some of them. Just keep posting / reposting!

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Watch Pacquiao Vs Clottey Live Streaming and Watch Pacquiao vs Clottey's video live stream

Back to TOP