ss_blog_claim=946fd2ecbe1cfcbd289b48e0310de21c

January 21, 2010

The Benefits of a Foreign Education.

I never really gave studying abroad much thought before. To be honest, even my application for graduate school was not given much thought in the beginning. I actually enrolled on a whim. At the end of the day, I realize it was a great spur of the moment decision. It has made a big difference in my life and how things have fallen into place for me. If I were to do it over, I probably would have thought more about my decision and considered the many options out there for those who want further education. Perhaps, I would have considered going abroad to study.

Last night, I was invited to an event hosted by the British Council that highlighted many education opportunities for Filipinos in the UK. During the dinner, we heard from two Filipinos, both of whom were granted scholarships by the British Council to schools in the UK, such as the London School of Economics. Both students stressed one thing about their British education: more than just being "taught", they learned. They learned to ask the right questions, they learned to think and they learned to live life more fully. From their perspectives, I got to see how getting a foreign education can really broaden one's way of thinking and open one's eyes to a world beyond just imagination.

Getting an education in the UK is easier than one would think. As part of the British Council's GO: Know More, Do More, Live More campaign, a series of Education UK events will be held across the metro where anyone can come by and find out how they can pursue higher education in the fields of Technology, Beauty and Fashion, and Business and Entrepreneurship. Interesting courses include a masters degree in F1 Engineering, clay pottery, and Women's Wear. If I'm not mistaken, even the kapamilya star Angel Locsin enrolled in a short course in one of UK's prestigious schools.

Admission to all the Education UK events are free.

Education UK events will be held on the following dates at the following venues:
Alumni Counselling Session, January 29, 2010 at the Makati Shangri-la
Funding Options Seminar, February 19, 2010 at the Top Shelf of Fully Booked, Bonifacio High Street
Education UK Exhibition, March 5-6, 2010 at the EDSA Shangri-la Hotel

0 stars twinkling:

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Watch Pacquiao Vs Clottey Live Streaming and Watch Pacquiao vs Clottey's video live stream

Back to TOP