ss_blog_claim=946fd2ecbe1cfcbd289b48e0310de21c

May 13, 2009

Customer Satisfaction.

Not too long ago, I blogged about my displeasure with the dynamics of customer service in the Philippines. While the post was brought upon by a not so happy Starbucks experience, it was not just that particular company that has failed to provide quality customer service in my personal experience. I ended that post with a "so what" and cynical tone, thinking, based on past situations, that nothing would happen anyway even if I complained.

To my surprise, not 24 hours later I received an email from Mr. Carlo Lopez, Operations Service Manager of Rustan Coffee Corporation apologizing for the incident. What I appreciated about the letter was that it was not just an off-handed apology on the part of the corporate giants I was ranting about, but that they were not just seeking feedback to improve their services, but that there were steps being undertaken to make change happen.

In my letter I told Mr. Lopez that I felt that indeed, customer satisfaction is valued by their company. I said this because they made contact even without me filing any formal complaint to them directly, unlike in the past where I have even spoken to managers who offer nothing but a complaint form then no follow up.

Today, I received a pleasant surprise in my snail mail mailbox. As a token of appreciation for my feedback, Rustan Coffee Corporation sent me two complementary coupons :-) Although I was offered this in the initial email, I did not expect it anymore because the communication was exchanged quite some time ago, so I assumed it was once again one of those things that slip through the crack. Second point proven wrong!

In the enclosed letter, Mr. Lopez also assured me that the feedback I gave was forwarded to the District Managers to be able to ensure that better service is offered to its patrons in the future. Because of this I have a new take on the term "customer service". With or without the free coupons, I am glad to see that I, a simple customer, still matters to this particular so-called corporate giant.


4 stars twinkling:

Arvin Ello 5/13/2009 10:21:00 PM  

Very well said and done! :)

Lei 5/14/2009 12:28:00 AM  

Good for you... So happy for you.. :D

Zee 5/14/2009 01:14:00 AM  

good for you, Ria! This is prolly one of those things that happen not too often...

Whereas in my hometown....hmmmm let's just say I've had words with a few of them and it came up to nothing...

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Watch Pacquiao Vs Clottey Live Streaming and Watch Pacquiao vs Clottey's video live stream

Back to TOP