ss_blog_claim=946fd2ecbe1cfcbd289b48e0310de21c

January 18, 2010

When Does Parenting Go Wrong?

On the way home from work today, I heard a comment on the radio that irked me. It said something in reference to why Jason Ivler, the wanted fugitive who was arrested this morning, became the way he is today. The comment went on to say that he became the criminal he is because he came from a dysfunctional family and he grew up with a step-dad. No doubt coming from a family filled with tension, conflict and was dysfunctional does have an impact on one's mental health, but that comment made me angry. Why? Because there are so many of us who come from dysfunctional and broken families but we are not criminals.

I feel that sometimes, parents are unfairly blamed for the way their kids turn out. But then, I am not a parent, so what would I know, right? I just feel that poor parenting is only one component of who we become. In my studies in Psychology I have grown to understand theories of child and personality development and I do not discount the gravity of a parents role in child rearing. The question begs to be asked, though, when does parenting go wrong?

0 stars twinkling:

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Watch Pacquiao Vs Clottey Live Streaming and Watch Pacquiao vs Clottey's video live stream

Back to TOP