ss_blog_claim=946fd2ecbe1cfcbd289b48e0310de21c

January 17, 2010

Take Me to the Movies.

In the last year, I rediscovered my love for movies. For a long time, I was more into television series' rather than movies because I liked the continuity of a storyline and the attachment I built with the characters of the show, such as Meredith Grey of Grey's Anatomy, Carrie Bradshaw of Sex and the City, Chuck Bass of Gossip Girl and Addison Montgomery of Private Practice to name a few. However, thanks to the movie bloggers and media outfits like Warner Bros. Pictures, I rediscovered the cinema. It started surreptitiously...an invitation as a blogger friends' guest to the screening of The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. From then on, I was hooked! So much so that I set a goal to watch at least 30 movies in any cinema for 2009. However, I failed to meet that! I only was able to watch a total of 24! Not only was I too busy, there were a few movies that didn't really peak my interest too much. However, after watching The Spy Next Door last week, I realized I shouldn't be too stuck on a particular genre because I may just be surprised. That film was indeed an unexpected and pleasant surprise because I initially had dismissed it as corny, but I was dead wrong!

This 2010, I am looking forward to more movies. Hopefully I get to hit the mark of 30 this year. I am optimistic about this because the line up of upcoming films is simply amazing but also because of last years' experience that has widened my appreciation for the big screen a lot. So far for 2010 I have seen 3 movies: the local hit I Love You, Goodbye, the eye-catching and action packed Sherlock Holmes, and the hilarious The Spy Next Door. Other films I am surely looking forward to are the following:

Sex and The City 2!!!! As the teaser goes (I saw the trailer during the screening of Sherlock Holmes), this 2010, "Get Carried Away". I loved the series, I loved the first movie and I am sure I will love this too!!!


 
The Blind Side starring Sandra Bullock. If I'm not mistaken, Sandra Bullock was nominated for this film. As far as I know, too, the movie has gotten rave reviews.



Where the Wild Things Are. Based on the classic children's book of the same title, I am curious as to see how this translates to film. Honestly, though, I never got the story hehehe.



Being a big Morgan Freeman fan, Invictus is something I am looking forward too. There's something about him that really captivates me and I have yet to find a Morgan Freeman film that I have not found one I did not enjoy.


and lest I forget, the romantic comedy Valentines Day for the non-Valentine girl in me!!!



There's also Harry Potter 7, Clash of the Titans, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs....so many movies to see! So...take me to the movies?

photos all courtesy and copyright of Warner Bros. Pictures. 

0 stars twinkling:

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Watch Pacquiao Vs Clottey Live Streaming and Watch Pacquiao vs Clottey's video live stream

Back to TOP