ss_blog_claim=946fd2ecbe1cfcbd289b48e0310de21c

January 17, 2010

Dreaming a Little Dream For Me

Sometimes I wish I had a more flexible work schedule, one that would allow me to go on extended vacations. Don't get me wrong: I do love my teaching jobs immensely but every now and then, I wish I could be like some of those people who get to spend long periods of time in various places. Take for example Elizabeth Gilbert, the renowned author of the New York Times Bestseller Eat, Pay, Love. I would love to have the opportunity to take a year off from the everyday routine of work to take some "me" time while working on a novel (yes, my not-so-secret dream is to write a book someday!) and yet not have to worry about where money is going to come from or how I can live a normal life while away from my homeland. I wouldn't like to live as a tourist for extended periods of time after all. If I could do what she did in that year of traveling and discovery to the three lands of "I" (Indonesia, Italy and India), I'd try to find a place to live and move around the city without having to rely on hotels and the like for long. As long as the funding is around, I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to find a short-term lease for an apartment or a room somewhere, as well as finding transportation around the city. I'd like to think that the internet would be a great tool in managing these. Car Rental Comparison, apartment hunting and other short-term leases can be explored and planned out before booking a flight to wherever you go right? Maybe someday this dream can be more than just a dream for me.

0 stars twinkling:

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Watch Pacquiao Vs Clottey Live Streaming and Watch Pacquiao vs Clottey's video live stream

Back to TOP