ss_blog_claim=946fd2ecbe1cfcbd289b48e0310de21c

July 17, 2009

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

© 2009 Warner Bros. Ent.
Harry Potter Publishing Rights © J.K.R.

Harry Potter characters, names and related indicia are trademarks of and © Warner Bros. Ent.


The long wait is finally over! The latest installment of the critically acclaimed Harry Potter series opened in cinemas worldwide yesterday, July 16, 2009. Like many, I eagerly awaited the release of the film. Thank you to Warner Bros. International for the red carpet premiere held in the IMAX theater of SM Mall of Asia!

Fellow bloggers, Howarts afficionado, and members of the press and media were treated to a spectacular show, made even more special with the 3D opening sequence of the film. It was my first time to watch a movie in IMAX, and I have to admit, my criticisms (many of which included the discussion on whether the fees were worth it or not) were quieted finally. I loved the seats in the theater, as it was super comfortable! The experiene was really a "see more, feel more, hear more" one!

I will not offer any spoilers or statements about the storyline, per se, so as not to ruin the film for those still to watch it. I will say, however, that the cinematography and special effects, as always, were fantastic. The grandiouse Hogwarts school was once again captivating. Given that I have not yet read the series (yes, I am one of the few who have yet to read it!), I was often left in a quandry as I felt something was missing. Thankfully I had seen all other films, which allowed me to make good sense of the story. I did feel a little bit more somber by the end of the film, feeling somewhat bitin because unlike most other stories and films, I did not leave with the light and happy feeling. In many ways, this has set up the stage for anticipating the last two films...






0 stars twinkling:

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Watch Pacquiao Vs Clottey Live Streaming and Watch Pacquiao vs Clottey's video live stream

Back to TOP