ss_blog_claim=946fd2ecbe1cfcbd289b48e0310de21c

November 30, 2008

12 books for 2009 (Christmas List 4/12)

With less than 30 days to go before Christmas, I got to thinking: what's next on my Christmas List? Inspired by the Fully Booked event, it occurred to me to make a list of books to either give as a gift, or as a gift I would love to find under my Christmas tree *hint hint*.

On the top of my list is Dark Nights of the Soul by Thomas Moore. I first read this book during one of the most tumultuous periods in my life...aptly so, a dark night of my soul. The book talks in depth about how times of troubles and difficulties in our lives are part and parcel of who we become and how we can receive great gifts from it, if we allow it to. I actually have a longer post about this book here. This is one book I wouldn't mind giving, nor would I mind receiving!!!




Another book to read is Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert. I resonated a lot with the author's experiences as she tried to find out who she was and what she was really all about after her world as she knew it fell apart. It made me also want to go out and really search for what it is I want for myself and how I could be a better me.





Guess How Much I Love You. This children's classic by Sam McBratney is a must have for any book lovers library. It's take on unconditional love is simply divine. The simple pastel-colored illustrations further make the book more endearing to readers. Even though I have like about 4 copies of the small edition of this and 2 of the big ones, I still love getting this!






If there is a book that best represents my life, it is Shel Silverstein's The Missing Piece. This simple but profound text and illustrations are bound to touch any one who reads it. Shel Silverstein is also a brilliant writer. While his books may come across as a kids' book writer, his books can really change one's take on a lot of the simple things in life. This particular book is important to me because it reminds me to be content, and to know that despite life's imperfections, life is great.. I still don't have a copy of this...so I WANT THIS!!! After all, it was the inspiration for my award-winning article in 2007 ;-)



Here's an early Christmas present! A book from the Shopaholic series. Although I would recommend starting with Confessions of a Shopaholic. I don't know what it is about this series. To be honest, I haven't really taken the time to read reviews about it, I just have this gut feel about it. I like it for some reason ;-) Thanks to Az for this picture! Taken at the Fully Booked bloggers event.


Just the other day I caught the movie The Nanny Diaries. With that said, book number 6 on my list is the novel by Emma McLaughlin and Nicola Kraus. The movie was a fun one, and the narrative so engaging. It seems to be a fun read as well. Photo from www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/images/n29/n145093.jpg







This I REALLY WANT! I saw this in Fully Booked and it's called Sex and the City Kiss and Tell. It looks like a great coffee table book. With beautiful pictures of the series and tales from the show, it is a must have for any SATC afficionado! For book number 8...what else but the book that started it all: Sex and the City by Candace Bushnell.



Being a big Oprah fan, I often get caught up in the Book Club recommendations. I have had a few good reads because of it. One that I would like to explore in 2009 is A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle. I am not much of a self-help-books kind of gal but watching several of Oprah's episodes that talked about their online class about this got me curious about how this book can change my life. I am a bit of a skeptic about it though. Nonetheless, it's worth a shot, especially if Santa brings it for me!


This is getting on the bandwagon, literally, but okay already....I'd like to finally get the chance to read the Twilight trilogy. So for books 10, 11, and 12, stuff my Christmas stocking with Twilight, Eclipse and New Moon...not the ebook this time, ok?!? ;-) The box-set/collectors edition would be lovely!!!





1 stars twinkling:

Anonymous,  1/01/2010 11:39:00 PM  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Watch Pacquiao Vs Clottey Live Streaming and Watch Pacquiao vs Clottey's video live stream

Back to TOP