ss_blog_claim=946fd2ecbe1cfcbd289b48e0310de21c

November 15, 2009

The Future of Music at MTV Emerge

When I say I am proud to be Pinoy, it isn't hard to explain why. I come from a land that is filled with amazing beauty: both in terms of nature and in it's people. This is why no matter how much people suggest to me I apply for jobs abroad, I still choose to stay here. I believe there is still so much potential that is untapped in our country and I hope that in my own way, I am able to show the world that potential. This is also what the MTV, Jeepney Music, and Department of Tourism collaboration is doing: showing the world the hottest emerging music talents in the Philippines. Whether it be indie, hip-hop, rock or whatever other genre of music, the campaign seeks to be a cesspool of the best and the brightest of the future of Philippine Music.



New local talent were invited to register and upload their profiles, photos and original music to the MTV Emerge site during the contest period. From these, the public audience will vote for their favorites. 7 lucky talents will win a one-year recording contract with Jeepney Music where they will be under the mentorship of none other than a proud Filipino himself, Apl.de.Ap. Along with the contract comes a package including artist management and promotion, digital ditribution of 3-6 songs and a strategic marketing plan for these artists to break into both the local and international scenes.


mtv-emerge-jeepney-department-of-tourismCheck out all the amazing and talented artists who have uploaded their videos on MTV Emerge now. There are so many great videos! I personally voted for God Bless Philippines by Rapnophobia I loved their video, especially the imagery they used to convey the message of their song. If you like it as much as I do, do vote for them too!

0 stars twinkling:

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Watch Pacquiao Vs Clottey Live Streaming and Watch Pacquiao vs Clottey's video live stream

Back to TOP