ss_blog_claim=946fd2ecbe1cfcbd289b48e0310de21c

March 3, 2009

They've Literally Got it All For You.

When SM Malls say "we've got it all for you" they really mean it. Not only do they have shoes and bags, restos and more, they've even got their own wifi system rendering their mall a hotspot!

Last Saturday, I was one of the lucky bloggers to be invited to test the Wifi system of SM MARIKINA.


I think were about 200 bloggers roaming the mall testing the capacity of their wifi system, and I must admit, it was pretty good. Some of the bloggers stayed in the Cyberzone area while others went up to the 3rd floor. As per personal experience, the 3rd floor seemed to have a stronger signal and was quite faster than the one downstairs. What I didn't like about the Cyberzone area was that I kept picking up other signals (from the stores, for example). Nonetheless, the SM Wifi signal was generally stable.

Since I was using a Pocket PC, I was able to walk around and use my gadget to see whether or not I can be connected. I learned that yes, in almost any spot, I was connected. I noticed though that towards the ends of the halls (such as near the comfort room areas), the connection would be quite slow. And no, there is no signal inside the bathroom hehe.

It was an interesting and engaging 3 hours of wifi testing, many of us plurking each other even if we were just in the same area. I was able to meet a lot of new people and I had a great time hanging out with them. Too bad I didn't win the ASUS Laptop that they gave away!!! Congratulations to the birthday girl Sha who won it though!!!

I hope other SM Malls soon follow suit...it really rocks that there is a free wifi connection in the mall...I don't need to buy expensive coffee and prepaid cards anymore to access the net!

2 stars twinkling:

Anonymous,  3/03/2009 05:39:00 PM  

wow oo nga sana lahat ng SMs. :) kahit dito sa aming small-town SM munti. hehe. :) how come they launched it in Marikina?

Ria 3/04/2009 05:28:00 PM  

no idea....maybe because it's newer than most sm's?!?

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Watch Pacquiao Vs Clottey Live Streaming and Watch Pacquiao vs Clottey's video live stream

Back to TOP