ss_blog_claim=946fd2ecbe1cfcbd289b48e0310de21c

October 7, 2008

Growing Babies

Today my caterpillars, or at least two of them, turned yellow. Compared to last night, it's skin seemed a little looser. I was afraid I hurt it or something, because I ran out of the leaves it was hosting on so I put some other leaves in, just in case they'd feed on it as well.

Anyway, I would like to assume it is a normal phenomenon, and that it's really just part of the process of metamorphosis. They also stopped moving around the way they were yesterday, and the munching stopped!!!

I noticed by this evening, however, that they formed a tent-like structure (or as my cousin Maia said: a cocoon motel) and are getting quite squishy looking (meaning wet). I hope this means they'll pupate soon!!!

Anyway, my colleague Tina saw my teeny-tiny case c/o Bee, and said the caterpillars looked kinda cramped. So she brought me a big aquarium. Here's their new home!!!


2 stars twinkling:

Anonymous,  10/08/2008 06:01:00 AM  

o.m.g.

but yes, amazing how their appearance changed in less than 2 days!

naisip ko lang, once they turn into bubba-flies (to remind you that bubba misses you hehehe), will you let them go? or will u make a butterfly sanctuary in playschool? hmmm... that would be nice!

Ria 10/08/2008 04:50:00 PM  

i know!!! super galing talaga! i hope maabutan ko pa ang pag emerge nila. of course i will let them go...they wont survive in captivity :-(

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Watch Pacquiao Vs Clottey Live Streaming and Watch Pacquiao vs Clottey's video live stream

Back to TOP