ss_blog_claim=946fd2ecbe1cfcbd289b48e0310de21c

September 28, 2008

12 lists of Christmas (1/12)

In keeping with my anticipation of Christmas, I've decided to come up with 12 lists. Each list will feature a series of ideas, gift items, traditions, and the like. Hopefully I manage to complete these by the time mid-December sets in. Hopefully, too, I manage to think of 12 points for each list. As of now it sounds easy, but as I try to sit down and think of it, it's not as easy as it seems!

To start it off, nonetheless, here are 12 Christmas songs that never herald the holidays for me.

1. I Miss You (Most at Christmastime) by Mariah Carey. This never fails to make me tear up. It reminds me of my Lolo so much. I guess I can resonate so much to this song too. It's so true that for most of the year, the memory of Lolo comes and goes, but at Christmastime, it hits hard.

2. What Are You Doing New Years Eve, Vonda Shepherd's version. Vonda's haunting voice and the way the song is arranged always gets this song stuck in my head.

3. Merry Christmas, Darling by the Carpenters. Greeting cards have all been sent, the Christmas rush is through, but I still have one wish to make....*sigh*. This song reminds me of my papa. For most of my life, Christmas was always a holiday without him. Every year, he would send me cards and call and wish me a Merry Christmas Darling.

4. I'll be Home for Christmas. Close on the heels of Merry Christmas, Darling for the same reason. I remember one time, my dad came home as a surprise. I was playing with my Nintendo, then the doorbell rang. I was so inis that my mom insisted I open the gate when the maid could have done it. To my surprise, there he was, singing, I told you I'll be home for Christmas :-)

5. My Grown-up Christmas List, the Michael Buble version. Beautiful words, wonderful singer, what more can one ask for.

6. The Christmas Song, any version. Perhaps this is the quintessential Christmas carol of all time. Wouldn't you agree? Just hearing this song piping through the airwaves brings flashes of red, green and everything Christmas.

7. Have Yourself a Little Christmas. I just love it. It's such a peaceful and calming tune. For some reason, it's words remind me to just let all the crap go and welcome the holidays.

8. Santa Can You Hear Me. Britney's teeny-booper Christmas carol is always a joy to hear, as it brings back fond memories of my preschoolers Christmas parties. We sang this on two separate occasions!

9. Santa Baby, the Ally Mc Beal version. Ally, in a short red Santa suit, traipsing around singing Santa Baby...how can you not smile??? Plus the melody is so cute.

10. It Came Across A Midnight Clear by Sixpence None The Richer. Funny, but this song I love not because of the holidays, but because of the episode in Grey's Anatomy where it was played :-) Since then I've loved it.

11. Where are You Christmas by Faith Hill. If I'm not mistaken, this was from the soundtrack of How the Grinch Stole Christmas. It's a beautiful sounding song. I have to admit, however, that the lyrics are kinda sad.

12. Tenk u, tenk u, ang babait ninyo tenk u! Merry Christmas po! Okay, okay, this may not be a Christmas carol, but no caroling session would be complete without this line! It's a heart-warming memory for me, especially since every Christmas time, my cousin and I would be slaving away in her kitchen baking our Christmas goodies and several street kids would come and pound on the gate for the traditional caroling. One Christmas, we had so much chocolate crinkles (I think I miscalculated the recipe, hehe) and so we handed it out to the carolers.

So, there's my first list of 12. What's your Christmas carol?

3 stars twinkling:

Anonymous,  9/29/2008 05:38:00 PM  

can u like make me listen to these songs para maka-relate ako? hehe. i only know 3, hihi. :) and i especially want to hear that santa can u hear me by britney. hehe. :)

Anonymous,  10/02/2008 01:50:00 PM  

Christmas in our Hearts by Jose Mari Chan is a classic ^_^ It just never seem to grow old...

Ria 10/02/2008 05:04:00 PM  

*jen: oo nga no! tsaka kumukutikutitap hehe

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Watch Pacquiao Vs Clottey Live Streaming and Watch Pacquiao vs Clottey's video live stream

Back to TOP