ss_blog_claim=946fd2ecbe1cfcbd289b48e0310de21c

February 7, 2009

Playing With Food.

Today I caught an episode of Pinoy Fear Factor. It was the first time I really sat down and watched it. I got a bit flustered by the show because of the stunt that was being done. It entailed the contestants catching strawberries with their mouths as it came down from a conveyor belt. No problems with that right? However, as part of the stunt, one of the other players had to put other food items in the belt in order to distract the contestant from effectively catching the strawberries. These items were stuff like raw chicken and scrambled eggs.

What got me flustered by it is given the harsh realities of life, where millions of people are struggling to put food in the table, here we are, playing with our food. I imagine for that stunt alone about 10 Filipino families could have been fed...This sentiment rings true for me even when I plan out activities in my preschool classes. Hence, vegetable printing and similar activities are not things I do with my kids. For me, it's like a tacit agreement to playing with food.

Nevertheless, going back to the show, I have to admit it's an interesting adaptation of the franchise. I just wish the food went to good use after being played with...

2 stars twinkling:

Claw Machines 2/08/2009 10:09:00 AM  

Just want to say hi and ask you where are you teaching. Public, private college or hs?

Ria 2/08/2009 06:36:00 PM  

hi :-) i teach preschool and college.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Watch Pacquiao Vs Clottey Live Streaming and Watch Pacquiao vs Clottey's video live stream

Back to TOP