ss_blog_claim=946fd2ecbe1cfcbd289b48e0310de21c

February 25, 2009

Guilty Pleasures: RX Morning Rush Top Ten


As I said in a previous post, one of the things I look forward to every morning is listening to the Morning Rush with Chico and Delamar. Yesterday, however, I felt kinda iffy with the topic. Before I begin, however, let me offer this disclaimer: I am not pretending I did not laugh, nor do I think many of the entries were not funny. I do recognize that some may think I'm being two-faced or hypocritical with this post, but this is just my two-cents. Yesterdays topic was top ten signs your yaya is a major loser. I found myself as usual laughing like an idiot alone in my car. However, after the segment, I kinda felt slightly guilty for laughing at our yayas. Yes, their bloopers can be downright hilarious and almost moronic, but at the back of my head, a small voice was tsk-tsking at me for laughing.

When I stopped and tried to think of where this was coming from, it dawned no me that the feeling was coming from a lesson I learned a long,long time ago when I made a snide comment about jeepney drivers without realizing I was talking to someone whose father drove a jeepney. That taught me not to criticize people who are not at the same standards as myself or my peers as well as made me become more aware about laughing at others mistakes. I must give credit to the hosts, however, because despite the laughter, they gave repeated reminders that a lot of the mistakes these yaya's make are not due to them being major losers, but because they simply just didn't know better. I agree completely...after all, if they knew better, they probably wouldn't be yayas.

2 stars twinkling:

Anonymous,  2/27/2009 07:10:00 AM  

yeah, i get really affected when they get criticized. i feel much for yayas and helpers to the point that, when i was in high school, i thought of being a household helper. :D

Hotchiqqa 2/28/2009 01:23:00 PM  

in our line of work, we encounter lots of different yayas.. Nakakatuwa nga pa minsan, makikita mo na talagang love nila ung kids, and parang mas focus pa sila kesa sa parents in attending to the kids..

may iba naman nakakaloka lang talaga.. Haha =D

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Watch Pacquiao Vs Clottey Live Streaming and Watch Pacquiao vs Clottey's video live stream

Back to TOP