ss_blog_claim=946fd2ecbe1cfcbd289b48e0310de21c

November 1, 2005

Prince Charming doesn't exist

Yet another halloween filled with countless costumes of princesses and fairies...hmmm...how nice it is to be young and filled with fairy tales of Prince Charming and Happily Ever After...let's see how long that lasts!!!

If there's one important lesson I've learned in the past few months, it's that Prince Charming does not exist. and to believe in a Prince Charming is delusional! don't get me wrong, I'm not being a cynic, I'm just being realistic. I've wasted so much time (and tears, might I add) over Prince Charming's that turned into frogs.

Maybe that's what's wrong with me and relationships. I think I've just gotten so darned wrapped up in the "happily ever after" that I am not able to appreciate the present. In many ways I've been the girl love songs are written for. From One Hello to Fallin' down to the Carpenter's Caught Between Goodbye and I Love You...they all are anthems of my heart. The dreams and wishes of a fairytale love spun somewhere over the rainbow seems so perfect and easy, but what they keep forgetting to tell everyone is that there's so much more between the lines that are untold. Getting caught in those blurred lines is what burns more than anything!

My friends tell me I kinda set my standards too high. Let me get that straight. It isn't that they're too high, it's that I think I've patterned them after storybook endings, thus it remains elusive. I guess it's one thing to have ideals and standards, but I think I gotta keep it real. I can still dream and believe in a "wish come true" but I now dream my own dreams. Created my own happy ending, if I may say so. Maybe this time it will be the way it's supposed to be: the frog turns into my prince.

1 stars twinkling:

doubleknot 11/03/2005 07:09:00 PM  

You are right there is no "Prince Charming" and life is not a fairy tale - most of it is day to day living and dealing with the things we have to deal with like paying bills and cleaning - but there should be some bright spots in there to savor and remember with delight. They don't come along often but when they do hang on to the memory to see you through the ho-hum routine of daily life.
I just noticed that you are in the Philippines - didn't notice that before. I lived seven years over there in Cavite a little town south of Manila. The food is what I miss the most - I am getting ready to try my hand at Pansit for the first time - wish me luck.
The other thing I miss most is the public transportation. From the tricycles to the jeepny to the buses I used to be able to get just about anywhere - here in the states if you don't have a car you are stranded.
I just stumbled across your blog while I was blog surfing. I will check back in often.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Watch Pacquiao Vs Clottey Live Streaming and Watch Pacquiao vs Clottey's video live stream

Back to TOP