ss_blog_claim=946fd2ecbe1cfcbd289b48e0310de21c

October 1, 2008

How Blogging Has Changed My Life

In the past few months, I seem to have gotten bitten by the blogging bug. Hard.

I started this blog way back in 2005, but never had the interest or attention to sustain the task. If you'd go through my archive, you'd see I started out like many other bloggers had: ranting, raving and just journalling online about the daily grind.

However, ever since my friend Janine got me involved in the blog world, I've discovered a whole new side of myself, and of others as well. Because of blogging, I've seen a change in the way I see things, and think about things around me too. I used to think blogging was all self-promotion and narcissism. I see now that blogging is a confluence of ideas, discussions and different POV's.

It's amazing how the world wide web, especially through these blogs, have made the world so much smaller. I learned that what happens in one end of the world affects other parts as well, much like ripples in a lake when you drop a stone in it.

On a personal level, I've learned to appreciate the value of patience and perseverance. Although I've always known these were essential traits in life, I always used to say patience is a virtue I can often live without. Not! Blogging reminds me of this. Especially since I am one of the few broadband hold-outs hehe.

I don't think anyone can deny how addicting and time-consuming blogging can get. I've had to exercise (or at least try to exercise) impulse control, self-regulation and the like in order to still be grounded with the real world (i.e. work. more work. and still more work. not to mention a darned thesis). As such, something I've had to learn is the art of self-control. Still working on this though!!!

Not withstanding blogging also has done a lot of "bad" for me...it's made me hole up in my room until the wee hours of the morning,and it's made me a certified couch potato. Not to mention all the food reviews have made me on the look-out for all the yummyness!!!

In any case, good or bad, blogging has really changed my life. So, go blog!

5 stars twinkling:

zherwin 10/02/2008 09:01:00 AM  

"addicting and time-consuming" so true, and if one is blogging using the free internet one's office is providing, that means trouble for deadlines hehehe.

one thing i like about blogging is you get to meet people that eventually become your friends.

Anonymous,  10/02/2008 01:53:00 PM  

Hay, at the time I spent when I'm in blog mode, I wish I could get paid. There's a nostalgia in it too, reading what you wrote after a year and realizing the grammar and tone wasn't as bad as you thought it was : )

Ria 10/02/2008 04:59:00 PM  

*zherwin: thanks for dropping by! yup, blogging has definitely caused a backlog in my workload. i also have to agree with you that because of blogging, i have met new people who are now new friends :-) looking forward to more :-)

Ria 10/02/2008 05:00:00 PM  

*jen: fun diba :-)

Anonymous,  10/03/2008 10:36:00 PM  

"There's a nostalgia in it too," --- woah jen! this is FLOW! :D yeaaaah! sorry thesis mode. darn.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Watch Pacquiao Vs Clottey Live Streaming and Watch Pacquiao vs Clottey's video live stream

Back to TOP